.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

La Charrette Village

Interested in what Lewis & Clark, Daniel Boone, Zebulon Pike, John Colter, President Jefferson and other notables thought about America's newly acquired westernmost village? Enjoy the west...before it became distorted by TV, movies and novels.

Name:
Location: Port Aransas, Texas, United States

A retired professor of Food and Animal Science at Texas A&M University, The University of Connecticut and Texas Tech. A cowboy in my previous life...never thought about being a professor or an author.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Questing La Charrette: Interlibrary Loans



Interlibrary loan services were indispensable components in seeking documents from other libraries across the country. The Corpus Christi, Texas Public Library staff provided excellent support. Visit their libraries at the title link and use their services if needed.

Once or twice each week I would pick up a large stack of books or other documents that I had ordered, take them home and proceed to read. First I would comb over the index looking for names, events and of course the name La Charrette. Then I would read promising items and when appropriate make note of any additional reference cited and proceed to order them, reinitiating this entire process.

I always thought myself a bit odd when I would read the index of some promising document as if it were a novel! But that's where cups of 'La Charrette' coffee came to my rescue.

The coffee mug shown here was part of the May 2004 Lewis and Clark Bicentennial Celebrations held at Marthasville...in the shadow of old La Charrette Village.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home